January Sales Contest Names
5 minutes read
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1– Happy New Year!
We have turned another last page of a year on the calendar and entered a new year. In this new year, I’m sure you have,
- New hopes for your business
- New sales targets for your team to achieve
- And new opportunities which they should pursue
But at a time when most of your employees are freshly coming out of vacation mode, how can you ensure that they don’t waste the crucial first few weeks of the year?
One best way is to gamify the sales activities for your team. Check out this blog to get some good January sales contest ideas.
In this blog, we are going to focus on some motivating and inspiring names that you can give to your January sales contests
1. New Year, New Goals: Hit the refresh button and assign new goals/ targets that your sales reps need to achieve in the first month of the year. The rep who first meets his target will be declared a winner and rewarded with exciting prizes.
2. Out with the old: Organize this contest and encourage your reps to clear the CRM of all the older and dead contacts.
3. Ringing in the new year: Organize this contest and encourage your reps to call up prospective customers and fill the sales pipeline with new leads.
4. Own the first 30: This contest is to encourage your sales reps to bring in as much sales as they can in the first month of the year.
5. Republic Day Rush: This contest can be organized for your Indian sales team on the 26th of January (Republic Day) to encourage them to progress as many leads as they can along the sales pipeline.
6. New Years’ resolutions: Organize this as an annual sales contest that runs throughout the year. Ask your sales reps to set a professional goal for themselves for this year. It could be
- To beat their own past performance record
- To beat their peer’s performance
- To beat the performance of a top performer in their team
- Or to improve a specific sales skill
Once they decide on a goal and communicate it with you, help them to achieve that goal through regular coaching and rewarding them every time they make a progress.
7. New Year’s Rush: If you have launched some new product(s) in the new year then run this contest to get your reps to promote the sales of your newly launched product.
8. New Year’s Bonus: Run this contest and encourage your reps to upsell and earn a bonus.
9. Happy Beginning: Run this contest in the first quarter of the year and encourage your reps to give a happy beginning to the year by making the highest amount of quarterly sales.
10. Prosperous First Month: Organize this contest in the first month of the year and encourage your reps to make this first month prosperous by closing a maximum number of deals. Reps compete with each other in closing more number of deals. At the end of the first month, reward the person who closes more deals than his peers.
11. January Jackpot: Focus this contest around getting your sales reps to progress stalled contacts along the sales pipeline. The person who progresses more number of contacts wins a jackpot prize.
12. Crazy instant wins: Organize this contest and encourage your sales reps to bring in as many referrals as they can from the existing customers. Give instant exciting prizes (like Amazon gift cards or chocolates) to people for each referral they bring in.
13. January Olympics: Organize this contest between your sales teams operating in various territories. Encourage those teams to compete with each other in bringing in the highest amount of the first month’s sales profit. The team that succeeds in bringing the highest amount of sales profit, wins the contest.
Looking for sales contest ideas for different months? Check out this below:
January– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for January
February– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for February
August– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for August
September– 8 Sales Contest Ideas for September
October– 8 Sales Contests For October
November– 8 Sales Contests for November
December– 7 fun sales contests for December
Looking for Seasonal Sales Contest Ideas?
Want to give cool and creative names for your sales contests? Get naming ideas from this blog below:
Want to give creative and funny names for your sales team? Get ideas from these articles below:
How will you communicate the contests that you organize to your participants?
Once you have a perfect contest idea and a suitable name for it, focus on communicating it effectively to your participants. Follow our sales contest communication template to announce your contest.
Looking for award names and prizing ideas to give out to your contest winners? Read these articles below:
Published on Fri Jan 7 2022