May Sales Contest Names
6 minutes read
The month of May is here. One of the best ways to get your sales reps closer to meeting their second-quarter sales targets this month is through sales contests. If you are looking to organize some exciting sales contests for your team, click here to get some interesting sales contest ideas for the month of May.
In this blog, we are going to present you with some cool and catchy names that you can give for your May sales contests. These names are sure to grab the attention of your contest participants and get them excited about your sales contests
- May the salesforce be with you: Organize this contest and encourage your sales folks to add new opportunities into the salesforce. At the end of the contest, reward the one who adds more number of contacts to the salesforce than the others in the team.
- Mum’s day out: Organize this contest and encourage your sales reps to fill the sales pipeline with as many leads as they can. Select the top 3 reps who get the hight number of leads into the pipeline as the winners of the contest. Give these winners the opportunity to dine at a 5-star restaurant with their mothers.
- Who wants to be a millionaire?: Organize this contest for the entire month and encourage your reps to close as many deals as they can. At the end of the month, the person who closes the maximum number of deals would win a million-dollar check
- Jolt awaken leads/ Coca-cola leads/ Coca-calling: Focus this contest around getting your reps to cold call leads and fill the sales pipeline with new leads. Set two hours on the clock every day and encourage your reps to cold call and bring in leads. Announce a winner (the one who brings in more number of leads than the others) every day and reward that winner by sponsoring a lavish lunch for him/ her along with coca-cola
- Blooming Activities: Focus this contest on tracking the activity metrics of each one of your reps. Organize this as a monthly contest and keep a track to see if your reps are consistently completing all their activities before the deadlines. At the end of the month, reward the rep who has been consistent in completing his activities before the deadline, throughout the month, with minimum or no deviation
- Sales Olympics: Organize this contest between your sales teams. Set a revenue target for them to achieve. The team that first reaches this revenue target wins this contest
- ROFL: This contest is to celebrate world laughter day on the 1st of May 2022. Organize this as a monthly contest and encourage your reps to increase the sales of a newly launched product. The rep who succeeds in selling more number of units of the new product wins this contest. And that winners then gets free passes to go to their favorite stand-up comedian’s show
- C for cleanup: Organize this contest for one or two days and encourage your reps to clean up the CRM of the older leads (updating the sales stage to “Closed Lost” with a reason code). At the end of the contest period, declare everyone in the team who successfully cleans up all the older contacts as winners. Then reward everyone by delivering the most delicious cookies along with milk/ coffee/ tea to their desks every day for a week
- Shark week: Organize this contest for one week and encourage your reps to book as many meetings as they can with prospective clients. The person who books the maximum number of meetings will be declared the winner of the contest
- Territory vs Territory: Organize this contest between the sales teams of various territories for one month and encourage them to compete with each other in bringing in the highest amount of revenue. At the end of the contest period, declare the territory with the highest amount of revenue than the other territories as the winner. Reward every employee in the winning territory with exciting prizes
- Shoot the moon: Organize this contest and encourage your sales reps to go above and beyond and try to achieve more than their sales targets. Reward everybody who succeeds in achieving significantly more than their target
- Referral Drive: Focus this contest around getting your reps to earn as many referrals as they can from the existing customers. At the end of the contest, reward the one who earns more number of referrals than the others.
- Monday Morning Blitz: No matter how passionate we are about our job, we all experience Monday blues. In order to help your reps overcome their Monday blues, organize this contest every Monday. Ask your reps to create a checklist of all the activities that they need to do that day and encourage them to complete all those activities before the end of the day. Give them 50 points for completing each task. Keep a track of each rep’s progress on a live leaderboard. At the end of the day, reward everyone who finishes all or most tasks in their checklists
- Demo Masters: Focus this contest around getting your reps to give as many demos to the customers as they can. At the end of the contest period, reward the person who has given the highest number of demos than his peers.
- Shakespeare Awards: In this contest, encourage your reps to write best emails to their customer. Keep a track of all the customer emails that each is sending. At the end of the month, reward the rep who has written some of the most impressive emails.
Looking for sales contest ideas that are particular to your industry?
Insurance - 7 Sales Contest Ideas for Insurance Agents
Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices - 5 Sales Contest Ideas for Pharmaceuticals and Medical devices
Manufacturing - 5 Amazing Contest Ideas for Manufacturing Units
Retail Stores - 7 Fun Sales Contests for Retail Stores
Retail Banking - 7 Sales contests for Retail Banks
Looking for sales contest ideas for different months? Check out this below:
January– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for January
February– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for February
August– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for August
September– 8 Sales Contest Ideas for September
October– 8 Sales Contests For October
November– 8 Sales Contests for November
December– 7 fun sales contests for December
Looking for more Seasonal Sales Contest Ideas?
Looking for creative and funny sales team names?
Searching for award names and prizing ideas to give out to your contest winners? Read these articles below:
How will you communicate the contest to your participants?
Once you have a perfect contest idea and a suitable name for it, focus on communicating it effectively to your participants. Follow our sales contest communication template to announce your contest.
Published on Mon May 16 2022