19 Creative Retail Sales Contest Names
6 minutes read
The retail market is fast-paced and highly competitive. Retail employees consistently need to be on their toes and deal with
Busy sales seasons
Re-stocking products regularly
Pressure of meeting sales targets
An innovative way to keep the teams motivated is to conduct engaging sales contests in your store.
Looking for retail sales contest ideas? Check out our interesting read on:
Here are some interesting contest names you can choose from.
Retail Sales Contests to Promote Seasonal Offers
1. The Spring Fling: This contest is suitable for apparel stores. Run this contest and motivate your staff to promote sales of the new spring collections
2. Summer Sizzler Contest: This contest encourages your staff to promote summer sales offers and discounts.
3. Clearance Close: Running a clearance sale? Conduct this contest and set a sales target for your employees to achieve during the clearance sale.
4. Holidays Sweepstakes: Run this contest around boosting the sales of various products during the holiday season.
Sales Contests For your Staff for Special Days
5. Black Friday Bonanza: This contest is for the busiest retail day– Black Friday. You can set different targets for different teams of shop floor sales reps, customer service reps. Device a points system and run the contest by teams.
6. Easter Egg Hunt: Focus this contest around getting your staff to promote the Easter sales offers and hunt for the largest sale of the day
7. Jingle All the Way: A contest to promote the sales of products that are on a special discount for Christmas.
8. Candy Stick Contest: This is a fun contest to promote the sales of various Christmas products like Christmas tree, decorative items, Santa costumes, etc. Start by handing over a candy stick to the first person who makes $20 worth from the sale of Christmas products. He keeps the candy stick until someone else makes $21. The stick gets passed on until the end of the day. The last person who ends up with the stick wins the competition and gets an exciting Christmas prize.
9. Big Diwali Blast: Diwali themed contest to promote the sales of the products that are on special discounts for Diwali.
10. Stuffing Sales: This contest represents the celebration of Thanksgiving. Run this contest to promote the Thanksgiving special offers in your store. The employee who sells the highest number of products,gets a turkey delivered to her house
11. Halloween Spooktacular: Focus this contest around boosting the sales or rentals of Halloween costumes and props.
Sales Contests for your Staff for Regular Times
12. Sales Per Square Foot: This contest is suitable for larger retail stores where each square foot in the store is occupied by one kind of product. Like:
One section for apparels
Another section for electronics etc.
Run this contest every month. At the end of each month, calculate the sales per square foot in the store. Reward all employees who work in the section with the highest sales.
13. Inventory Watchers: Run this contest around getting your staff to check the inventory regularly and restock.
14. Weekend Warriors: Conduct this contest to motivate your staff to work on weekends. Reward exciting prizes to all employees who have worked productively over weekends.
15. Raffle Corner: This contest motivates your employees to perform well and achieve their monthly targets. Start by setting measurable goals, like
Bring in a certain amount of sales
Get a certain number of positive reviews from the customers
Sell a certain number of units of a product etc
Every time your employees achieve their targets, give them raffle tickets. When the contest is over, raffle off the prizes and pick winners.
16. Mavens of Memberships: Focus this contest around motivating your staff on the floor to get more customers to sign up for your loyalty program.
17. Fantasy Retail League: If you have various stores across different locations, run this contest between these stores. Encourage your staff to increase the overall sales during the contest period. By the end of the contest, reward the store that achieves the highest sales.
18. Upsell and Prosper: This contest marches your retail staff to upsell to customers. The employee who makes the most significant upsell wins the contest.
19. Star Performer: Run this contest and motivate your staff to raise the sales of a newly launched product. The employee who succeeds in selling more units of the new product gets a “Star Performer” badge and a huge cash bonus.
Want to organize Diwali-themed sales contests in your retail store? Get ideas from this blog below:
Looking for contest ideas in Retail?
Looking for sales contest ideas for different months? Check out this below:
January– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for January
February– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for February
August– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for August
September– 8 Sales Contest Ideas for September
October– 8 Sales Contests For October
November– 8 Sales Contests for November
December– 7 fun sales contests for December
Looking for more Seasonal Sales Contest Ideas?
Looking for more creative sales contest names? Get ideas from this blog below:
Looking for creative and funny sales team names? Get ideas from these articles below:
How will you communicate your contest to your participants?
Once you have a perfect contest idea and a suitable name for it, focus on communicating it effectively to your participants. Follow our sales contest communication template to announce your contest.
Want to give out some interesting awards and prizes to your contest winners? Get ideas from these articles below:
Searching for free themes for your contest?
Select from ready-made themes like NFL, Olympics and more. Select KPIs, get engaging team names, team logos, and banners to drive a contest that your participants will remember - Contest Theme Generator
Looking for a sales contest software that will automate calculations and communications?
Explore Smartwinnr’s solutions and learn how your sales contests can be enhanced into increasing productivity, decreasing agent attrition and reducing supervisory cost.
Schedule a Free Demo today to see how easy it is to use SmartWinnr to run your sales contests.
Published on Wed Jul 15 2020