Christmas themed Sales Contest names for Retail Stores
6 minutes read
Who doesn’t like Christmas shopping? I mean while there could be a few exceptions here and there, most people love to shop for Christmas. And this is the time when retail stores are flooded with shoppers.
If you are also experiencing heavy foot traffic before Christmas, make sure to ultilize this opportunity to run some exiting sales contests in your store to engage your reps in bringing in good Christmas profit. Click here to get some amazing Christmas-themed sales contest ideas.
In this blog, we are going to explore some creative names that you can give for your Christmas themed sales contests to double up the excitement for your reps for the contests you organize
1. Dashing through the Snow: This contest is named after the line from the Christmas Carol. Organize this contest and encourage your reps to sell the promotional products that are under offer for the Christmas. At the end of the contest, reward the person who has sold highest number of units of the promotional products.
2. Ho Ho Hoooo! What can be a better way to greet your contest participants than by using Santa’s laughter as the contest name. This contest is suitable for larger retail stores where each square foot in the store is occupied by one kind of product. Like:
- One section for apparels
- Another section for electronics etc
This contest helps to improve sales in various sections of the store. Get your store staff working in various sections of the store to generate as much sales as they can in their respective sections during this festive season. At the end of the contest, reward all the employees in the section which has generated the highest amount of sales.
3. Jingle all the way: Focus this contest around getting your reps to provide best service to the Christmas shoppers and garner positive reviews from them. Track the number of positive customer reviews earned by each rep. At the end of the contest period, reward the person who garnered the highest number of positive customer reviews.
4. Santa Vs Elfs: Have you launched some new products for Christmas? Then this contest helps you to increase the sales of those newly launched products. Pit the floor manager against the floor staff and ask them to compete with each other in selling more number of units of the newly launched product. Announce a huge cash reward. If the manager wins he/she gets to take that cash reward. And if the floor staff wins that cash is given to everyone.
5. Surprise in the Stockings: Organize this contest for 3 weeks before the Christmas and encourage your reps to try to upsell or cross-sell the products to the shoppers. And at the end of the contest, you can either reward the person who has made the most significant upsell or cross-sell or reward the one who has made the highest amount of upsell or cross-sell.
6. Santa Soiree: Run this contest for one month and focus this contest around getting your reps to bring in highest amount of sales revenue. At the end of one month, reward everybody who brought in significant amount of sales with exciting Christmas gifts. Have the floor manager dress up as santa and present these gifts to the winners.
7. Christmas Hoopla: Are you running a clearance sale this Christmas in your store? Conduct this contest and set a sales target for your employees to achieve during the clearance sale. Reward everyone in the store when that target is achieved.
8. Holly Jollys: Focus this contest around motivating your retail staff to get more customers to sign up for your customer loyalty program. At the end of the contest, reward the top three performers who have brought in maximum number of customers to sign up for the customer loyalty program. Reward the winners by sponsoring a Christmas family vacation for them.
9. Xmas Xcitement: Christmas is usually a very busy time for retail stores and it becomes even more busy on weekends. So you need to make sure that your retail store staff is incentivized to work actively on weekends. Conduct this contest and motivate your staff to work on weekends and reward all employees who have worked productively over the weekends with some exciting Christmas gifts.
10. The Jingle Fest: Focus this contest around increasing the overall store profit. At the end of the contest period, reward all the sales reps who have achieved or exceeded the target profit.
11. Christmas Wonderland: Focus this contest around promoting the sales of Christmas specific products like the Christmas tree decorative items, santa costume, chocolate boxes, gift boxes etc. Encourage your reps to actively sell these products. At the end of the contest, reward the top three participants who have sold maximum number of units of these Christmas specific products.
12. Gatsby Christmas: Give a profit target here for your sales reps to achieve. Run this contest for one month before the Christmas and encourage your reps to achieve this target before the deadline. At the end of the contest, if the target is met or exceeded, organize a grand Christmas party for everyone in the store and reward everybody with some exciting Christmas prizes.
13. Bonjour Santa!: Run this contest around getting your staff to check the inventory regularly and restock as and when something runs out of stock. Monitor regularly to see if your staff members are attentively checking and restocking items. At the end of the contest, have the store manager dress up as santa and reward people in the store for consistently restocking items.
14. Snowballing sales: Organize this sales contests between your retail stores in various regions. Encourage these stores to compete with each other in bringing in the highest sales revenue during the Christmas season. Keep a track of the amount of sales revenue that each store brings in. At the end of the contest, declare the store with the highest amount of sale revenue as the winner and reward everyone in the store with some cool and exciting Christmas gifts.
Looking for contest ideas in Retail?
7 Fun sales Contests for your Retail Stores
Looking for sales contest ideas for different months? Check out this below:
January– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for January
February– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for February
March– 8 Sales Contest Ideas for March
April– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for April
May– 8 Sales Contest Ideas for May
June– 8 Sales Contest Ideas for June
July– 8 Sales Contest Ideas for July
August– 7 Sales Contest Ideas for August
September– 8 Sales Contest Ideas for September
October– 8 Sales Contests For October
November– 8 Sales Contests for November
December– 7 fun sales contests for December
Looking for more Seasonal Sales Contest Ideas?
7 Fun Sales Contest Ideas to Motivate your Team for Thanksgiving and Black Friday
Looking for more creative sales contest names? Get ideas from this blog below:
Looking for creative and funny sales team names? Get ideas from these articles below:
How will you communicate your contest to your participants?
Once you have a perfect contest idea and a suitable name for it, focus on communicating it effectively to your participants. Follow our sales contest communication template to announce your contest.
Want to give out some interesting awards and prizes to your contest winners? Get ideas from these articles below:
Creative Employee Recognition Award Names for Retail.
Creative employee recognition awards.
Published on Fri Dec 16 2022